Sunday, January 15, 2017 – Erie Otters (29-9-2-1) vs. Kitchener Rangers (23-14-2-2) – 2pm
Home Game: 21 Season Game: 42
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TODAY’S GAME
1) Today marks the fourth of six meetings between the Kitchener Rangers and Erie Otters this season. The Rangers are 1-2-0-0 vs. the Otters with their lone win coming on New Year’s Day, 5-2.
2) The Kitchener Rangers boast the league’s second best home power play, executing at 27.2%. Their 25 goals at home on the power play are the most in the OHL. Kitchener’s home PK is 14th at 81.5%.
3) The Otters have the OHL’s third best road power play, operating at 22.7%. Their road penalty kill, however, is 16th overall and executing at 77.4%.
4) The Otters have outscored their opponents collectively in every period this season (1st: 56-41, 2nd: 61-40, 3rd: 61-31) for a total of 182-115. The Rangers have outscored their opponents collectively in every period with the exception of the third (1st: 44-37, 2nd: 63-50, 3rd: 49-55).
5) The Erie Otters (1370) have 170 more shots on goal than the Kitchener Rangers (1200) to this point of the season.
6) The Otters have outshot their opponents in 32 of 41 games this season. They are 22-10 when commanding the shot clock.
The Rangers have outshot their opponents just 13 times in 41 games played, and are 9-4 when doing so.
7) Rangers forward Cole Carter is playing in his 100th career regular season OHL game this afternoon.
8) Rangers’ Adam Mascherin leads the OHL in points (71), while Otters’ Alex DeBrincat (ER) trails Mascherin by just one point (70). DeBrincat leads the league in goals (34) and Mascherin leads the league in assists (44).
9) Kitchener has scored the game’s opening goal in 25 of 41 games this season, going 16-9 in that span. They are 7-9 when allowing the first goal of the game. Erie has a record of 18-4 when scoring first. They are 11-8 when allowing the first goal.
10) The Erie Otters mark for Fewest Goals Against in franchise history is 170 (2013-14). With 27 games remaining (including today) they have allowed 115.
11) The Otters are 9-3-1-0 vs. Midwest Division teams this season. The Rangers are 6-10-0-0.
12) The Otters are 8-9-1-0 this season on the road. The Kitchener Rangers are 13-5-1-1 at the Aud.