GD12 – Erie Otters vs. Kitchener Rangers – October 6, 2017
Friday, October 6, 2017 – Erie Otters (1-3-1-0) vs. Kitchener Rangers (3-1-1-0) – 7:30pm
Home Game: 3 Season Game: 6
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the second of six meetings between the Kitchener Rangers and the Erie Otters. The two teams met in their most recent game played, a 3-2 Rangers’ win in Erie on Saturday night.
2) The Rangers head into tonight’s game having earned points in their last four games (3-0-1-0). The Otters are winless in their last four (0-3-1-0).
3) Kitchener is still looking for their first win of the season on home ice (0-1-1-0).
4) Kitchener will see the return of captain Connor Bunnaman (flu), Cole Carter (flu) and Eric Guest (upper body) to the lineup tonight.
5) Otters leading scorer Taylor Raddysh (upper body) missed Erie’s last game vs. Kitchener on September 30th and was listed as day-to-day as of Thursday.
6) The Kitchener Rangers home power play ranks 11th in the OHL, at a 16.7% efficiency (2-for-12). Their home penalty kill is 16th overall at 69.2% (9-for-13).
7) The Erie Otters road power play ranks 14th in the league at 15% (3-for-20), while their road penalty kill is ranked 12th at 79.2% efficiency (19-for-24).
8) Rangers forward Riley Damiani sits second heading into tonight’s play in league plus/minus, registering a plus-6 through four games. Sarnia’s Theo Calvas leads the category with a plus-9.
9) The Rangers begin another busy weekend, this time of three games in four days. They travel down Highway 7 to take on the Guelph Storm tomorrow at 4pm, then host the Owen Sound Attack on Monday at 2pm for a Thanksgiving matinee.
10) The Otters return home to host the London Knights for a 7pm start tomorrow to wrap up a two-game weekend.
11) The Otters will play their fifth road game of the season tonight. Their lone home game so far was last Saturday vs. the Rangers.
12) After three games played, Rangers’ goaltender Anthony Dumont-Bouchard sits first overall in the league in GAA (1.67) and SV% (.943%), as well as tied for second in wins (3-0-0-0).