1) Tonight marks the first of four meetings between the Flint Firebirds and Kitchener Rangers this season. The next meeting will take place here at the Aud on Friday, November 4 at 7:30pm.
2) The Rangers were 3-1-0-0 vs. the Firebirds in the teams regular season series last year.
3) Over the past five seasons, the Rangers have earned at least a point in 13 of 16 games played vs. the Firebirds/Whalers.
4) The Firebirds are coming off a 4-0 win over the Saginaw Spirit in their first game of the regular season on Wednesday.
5) Firebirds centre Ryan Moore registered the first four-point game of his OHL career Wednesday, tallying two goals and two assists. His accomplished a previous high of three points in a game four times last season.
6) Flint goaltender Matthew Menna picked up his first career OHL shutout Wednesday night, making 23 saves.
7) Flint’s first win of the 2015-16 season also came in their first game, which was also vs. the Saginaw Spirit, which was also a shutout victory (3-0 on September 24, 2015).
8) Following the 2016 NHL Draft, the Kitchener Rangers now have a total of 156 players drafted from their organization.
9) Of the 27 players currently on Kitchener’s roster, Dylan Di Perna and Dawson Carty are the only members of the Rangers who have played with any other OHL team.
10) Eight Firebirds on Flint’s active roster were acquired by way of trades. 15 were drafted by Flint/Plymouth.
11) Nine current Rangers were invited to NHL camps this month, while five remain away. (Jeremy Bracco, TOR; Connor Bunnaman, PHI; Connor Hall, PIT; Frank Hora and Darby Llewellyn, CLB.)
12) This is the lone game of the weekend for the Rangers, while the Firebirds will host the Owen Sound Attack for their third game of the season tomorrow night.