Tuesday, February 28, 2017 – Guelph Storm (20-33-3-2) vs. Kitchener Rangers (32-23-2-2) – 7pm
Home Game: 31 Season Game: 60
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the seventh of eight meetings between the Kitchener Rangers and the Guelph Storm. The Rangers
are 4-2-0-0 vs. the Storm this season.
2) The Kitchener Rangers come into today with the league’s seventh best home power play, executing at 21.6%. Kitchener’s home PK has dipped to 15th at 79.1% efficiency.
3) The Guelph Storm have the league’s 13th ranked road PP at 17.0%. They sit eleventh in road penalty kill at 80.3%.
4) The Rangers season-high for power play goals in a game is five, which came against the Storm here at the Aud on October 10th; an 8-4 win for Kitchener.
5) Adam Mascherin leads the Rangers offensively in the season series vs. the Storm, tallying four goals and 12 points in the six games played. Rookie Ryan Merkley leads the Storm vs. the Rangers this season, registering two goals and seven points in six games.
6) With one point tonight, the Kitchener Rangers would clinch a playoff berth in the Western Conference.
7) Adam Mascherin sits third in the OHL’s point scoring race with 90 points. Ryan Merkley leads all OHL rookies in scoring in both assists (35) and points (45). Kitchener’s Greg Meireles is sixth overall in scoring with 36 points.
8) Adam Mascherin (80G, 120A=200) reached the 200-career regular season points mark on Saturday vs. Oshawa. Connor Bunnaman (55G, 40A=95) is just five points away from 100 career regular season OHL points.
9) Kitchener has scored the game’s opening goal in 32 of 59 games this season, going 22-10 in that span. They are 10-17 when allowing the first goal of the game. Guelph has a record of 14-13 when scoring first. They are 6-25 when allowing the first goal.
10) The Storm come into tonight’s game with 1,858 shots on goal vs. opponents. The Rangers have registered just 1,715.
11) The Storm are 0-29 when trailing after two periods of play. The Rangers are 24-2 when leading after two periods.
12) Guelph is 8-19-2-1 when on the road. Kitchener is 19-9-1-1 at the Aud.