GD12 – Hamilton Bulldogs vs. Kitchener Rangers – February 2, 2018
Friday, Febuary 2, 2018 – Hamilton Bulldogs (32-11-3-3) vs. Kitchener Rangers (33-14-2-0) –7:30pm
Home Game: 25 Season Game: 50
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the first meeting this season between the Hamilton Bulldogs and Kitchener Rangers. The Rangers travel to Hamilton to take on the Bulldogs on February 10 at 4pm.
2) The Rangers are on a season-high six game win streak heading into tonight’s game, most recently coming off a 5-3 win over the Flint Firebirds on Saturday. The Bulldogs are coming off a 4-3 road win over the Peterborough Petes last night.
3) Kitchener’s top line of Adam Mascherin (3G, 4A), Logan Brown (2G, 4A), and Kole Sherwood (3G, 5A) have registered 21 points, collectively, over the course of their last two games.
4) Rangers goaltender Mario Culina was named the OHL Goaltender of the Month yesterday. In January he registered an overall record of 6-1-1-0, posting a 1.74 goals-against average, a .946 save percentage and two shutouts over eight games. He is a perfect 6-0-0-0 since joining the Rangers on Jan. 8th. He has made over 30 saves in three of his last four games.
5) Bulldogs forward Robert Thomas has received a five-game suspension for a slash on Zach Gallant during last night’s game. He will be eligible to return to action on February 16.
6) Hamilton rookie Arthur Kaliyev sits third in OHL rookie scoring with 36 points in 49 games played. His 22 goals are second most in the league, trailing Barrie’s Andrei Svechnikov (27 GP).
7) Adam Mascherin sits fifth overall in league scoring with 67 points (33G, 34A) in 49 games played. His 33 goals have him tied for second overall in the OHL.
8) Hamilton’s Will Bitten is currently on an eight-game point streak dating back to January 13, registering five goals and 12 points.
9) The Kitchener Rangers home power play is 7th in the OHL, executing at a 24.7% efficiency (21-for-85). Their home penalty kill is 11th overall at 79.3% (65-for-82). The Hamilton Bulldogs road power play ranks 7th at 22.1% (23-for-104), while their road penalty kill is ranked 10th at 79.8% (83-for-104).
10) Overall, the Bulldogs boast the second best power play in the OHL, while the Rangers own the second best penalty kill.
11) The Rangers are 17-0-0-0 when leading after one period of play, and 24-2-0-0 when leading after two.
12) The Bulldogs are 7-4-0-0 when tied after one and 3-1-2-1 when tied after two.