Friday, February 10, 2017 – London Knights (35-9-3-4) vs. Kitchener Rangers (28-20-2-2) – 7pm
Home Game: 28 Season Game: 53
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Tonight marks the fifth of six meetings this season between the London Knights and Kitchener Rangers. The final meeting of the season between the two clubs will take place here at the Aud on Friday, March 3rd at 7:30pm.
2) The Kitchener Rangers boast the league’s fifth best home power play, executing at 22.6%. Their 26 goals at home on the power play are third most in the OHL. Kitchener’s home PK is ranked 9th at 83.5%.
3) The Knights have the league’s third ranked road PP at 22.7%. They have allowed just two shorthanded goals against.
The Knights have the league’s second worst success rate on the road PK, killing just 75.4% of their penalties without allowing a goal. They have given up a tie for the league lead in goals against while killing penalties on the road (28).
4) Connor Bunnaman is tied with Logan DeNoble of the Peterborough Petes for the most PPG this season (13). Adam Mascherin ranks second with 12.
5) Dylan Seitz leads the Rangers offensively in the season series vs. the Knights, despite playing just three of the four games. (2G, 2A). JJ Piccinich leads the Knights vs. the Rangers this season, registering four goals and nine points in four games.
6) The Rangers have collectively been outshot in every period this season (1st: 555-513 / 2nd: 589-520 / 3rd: 580-472).
7) Darby Llewellyn moved into sole possession of second place on the list of all-time regular season games played as a member of the Rangers during last Saturday’s game in Flint. He will dress in his 287th career regular season game tonight. The all-time high was set by Andre Benoit (324 regular season games played from 2000-2005).
8) Connor Bunnaman (93) is just seven points away from 100 career regular season OHL points. Adam Mascherin (192) is eight points away from the 200 mark.
9) Kitchener has scored the game’s opening goal in 29 of 52 games this season, going 20-9 in that span. They are 8-15 when allowing the first goal of the game. London has a record of 23-3 when scoring first. They are 12-13 when allowing the first goal.
10) The Knights are 24-2 when leading after two periods of play. They are 6-6 when tied after 40 minutes.
11) The Knights are 10-2-0-2 vs. the Midwest Division this season. The Rangers are 7-14-0-0.
12) London is 13-6-2-1 on the road. Kitchener is 18-7-1-1 at the Aud.