GD12 – London Knights vs. Kitchener Rangers – Mar. 3, 2017
Friday, March 3, 2017 – London Knights (40-12-3-1) vs. Kitchener Rangers (34-23-2-2) – 7:30pm
Home Game: 32 Season Game: 62
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the eighth and final meeting between the Kitchener Rangers and the London Knights this regular season. The Rangers are 0-5-0-0 vs. the Knights during the 2016-17 campaign.
2) The Rangers have dropped 12 straight games to the Knights dating back to last year’s playoffs and regular season. The last Rangers win over the Knights came on December 29, 2015, a 3-2 victory here at the Aud.
3) The Kitchener Rangers come into today with the league’s seventh best home power play, executing at 21.0%. Kitchener’s home PK has dipped to 15th at 78.9% efficiency.
4) The London Knights have the league’s 3rd best road PP at 23.2%, but are 18th on road PK at just 76.4%.
5) Rangers’ defenceman Dylan Di Perna enters tonight on a three-game point streak, and has registered three goals and 12 points in his last eight games.
6) Joseph Garreffa and Dylan Seitz are tied for the team lead in points vs. the Knights in the season series with four apiece. JJ Piccinich leads London against Kitchener with four goals and nine points.
7) The Knights have scored just 27 more times than the Rangers this season, but have surrendered 55 fewer goals.
8) Adam Mascherin sits third in the OHL’s point scoring race with 93 points, while second in the league in assists with 59. Cliff Pu leads the Knights with 77 points, good for 8th overall in league scoring.
9) The Knights have collectively outshot their opponents in every period of play this season, coming into tonight with a shot differential of +106. The Rangers have been collectively outshot in every period of play this season, coming into tonight with a shot differential of -242.
10) Kitchener has scored the game’s opening goal in 32 of 61 games this season, going 22-10 in that span. They are 12-17 when allowing the first goal of the game. London has a record of 26-4 when scoring first. They are 14-15 when allowing the first goal.
11) The Knights are 28-2 when leading after two periods of play. The Rangers are 26-2 when leading after 40 minutes.
12) London is 17-8-2-1 when on the road. Kitchener is 20-9-1-1 at the Aud.