Friday, December 30, 2016 – Owen Sound Attack (21-13-1-0) vs. Kitchener Rangers (20-11-1-1) – 7:30pm
Home Game: 17 Season Game: 34
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
1) Tonight marks the fourth of eight meetings this season between the Owen Sound Attack and Kitchener Rangers. The Rangers are 1-2-0-0 vs. the Attack this season, with the most recent meeting being a 6-2 Owen Sound win here at the Aud on November 25th.
2) The Kitchener Rangers boast the 4th best home PP in the league, executing at 24.0%. Their 19 goals at home on the power play are the second most in the OHL. Kitchener’s home PK has dropped to 15th at 79.0%.
3) The Owen Sound Attack road PP is ranked 9th in the league at 18.3%. Their road PK is 3rd, coming in at 85.5%.
4) The Attack are 8-2-0-0 in their last ten games, and are currently on a five-game win streak.
5) Jeremy Bracco (USA), and Petrus Palmu (FIN) will each be missing from their respective lineups due to participation at the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship.
6) Nick Suzuki (OS) and Nick McHugh (KIT) are tied for the league lead in shorthanded goals with four.
7) Mason Kohn registered his 100th career point (37G, 63A) as a member of the Rangers with his second assist in an 8-3 win over the Sudbury Wolves on December 16th.
8) Darby Llewellyn has moved into a tie for fourth all-time in career regular season games played as a member of the Rangers (267). He trails Joe McDonnell (1976-1981) for third, with 272.
9) Kitchener has scored the game’s opening goal in 20 of 33 games this season, going 13-7 in that span. They are 7-6 when allowing the first goal of the game. The Attack have a record of 16-4 when scoring first. They are 5-10 when allowing the first goal.
10) Adam Mascherin leads the league lead in power play goals with ten. Greg Meireles is ranked second in OHL rookie scoring in assists (17) and points (24).
11) Nick McHugh leads the OHL in shooting percentage, scoring eight goals on 27 shots (29.6% efficiency). Giovanni Vallati leads all defenceman in OHL shooting percentage, scoring four goals on 25 shots (16.0%).
12) The Owen Sound Attack are 9-9-0-0 this season on the road. The Kitchener Rangers are 11-4-0-1 at the Aud.