GD12 – Owen Sound Attack vs. Kitchener Rangers – December 1, 2017
Friday, December 1, 2017 – Owen Sound Attack (13-10-0-2) vs. Kitchener Rangers (16-9-2-0) – 7:30pm
Home Game: 13 Season Game: 28
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Tonight marks the fifth of eight meetings this season between the Owen Sound Attack and Kitchener Rangers. The Rangers are 2-1-1-0 vs. the Attack this season, with the next meeting slated for December 28 at the Bayshore at 7pm.
2) The Rangers snapped a three-game losing skid with a 5-4, come-from-behind win over the Attack on Wednesday night.
3) The Attack are now on a three-game losing streak of their own, their longest of the season.
4) The Attack have been riding former Kitchener Dutchmen goaltender Riley Daniels between the pipes since the departure of Zack Bowman. Daniels is still searching for his first win of the season, as the 18-year-old comes into tonight with a 0-3-0-0 record.
5) With two goals on 15 shots this season, Rangers’ defenceman Jack York ranks fourth amongst OHL defencemen in shooting percentage (second among rookie defencemen) at 13.3%.
6) The Kitchener Rangers home power play dropped from 5th to 8th in the OHL, executing at a 22.5% efficiency (11-for-49). Their home penalty kill is 12th overall at 78.2% (43-for-55).
7) The Owen Sound road power play ranks 5th at 23.9% (11-for-46), while their road penalty kill is ranked 6th at 82.3%
8) Rangers winger/defenceman Joseph Garreffa leads the way for his squad offensively in the season series vs. the Attack, tallying seven points in four games. Defenceman Sean Durzi leads the Attack vs. the Rangers, also with seven points in four games.
9) Rangers’ captain Connor Bunnaman enters tonight on a seven-game point streak (3G, 7A).
10) Rangers’ Adam Mascherin sits second in the OHL in shots with 114. Jason Robertson of the Kingston Frontenacs leads with 129.
11) The Owen Sound Attack were 10-0-0-0 when leading through 40 minutes of play before losing to the Rangers on Wednesday.
12) The Rangers are 10-0-0-0 when leading after the first period, and 11-1-0-0 when leading after two.