GD12 – Owen Sound Attack vs. Kitchener Rangers – Feb. 23, 2017
Thursday, February 23, 2017 – Owen Sound Attack (38-15-1-2) vs. Kitchener Rangers (31-22-2-2) – 7pm
Home Game: 30 Season Game: 58
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the seventh of eight meetings between the Kitchener Rangers and the Owen Sound Attack. The Rangers
are 1-5-0-0 vs. the Attack this season.
2) The Kitchener Rangers come into today with the league’s fifth best home power play, executing at 21.8%. Kitchener’s home PK has dipped to 12th at 81.4% efficiency.
3) The Owen Sound Attack have the league’s second best ranked road PP at 25.0%. They sit sixth in road penalty kill at 82.2%.
4) The Rangers are playing what is believed to be the first ever regular season Thursday night home game at the Aud. The Aud is hosting a cheerleading event – the Cheer Evolution Ontario Championships – Feb. 25-26 and was unavailable for the Rangers’ usual Friday night game.
5) Adam Mascherin leads the Rangers offensively in the season series vs. the Attack, tallying three goals and eight points in the six games played. Kevin Hancock leads the Attack vs. the Rangers this season, registering seven goals and 12 points in six games.
6) Joseph Garreffa will dress in his 99th career OHL regular season game tonight.
7) Adam Mascherin sits third in the OHL’s point scoring race with 89 points. Petrus Palmu is sixth, coming into tonight’s game with 73 points. The Attack have three players in the Top-10 of league scoring (Nick Suzuki, Kevin Hancock).
8) Adam Mascherin (80G, 119A=199) is just one point away from career regular season point #200. Connor Bunnaman (55G, 40A=95) is just five points away from 100 career regular season OHL points.
9) Kitchener has scored the game’s opening goal in 31 of 57 games this season, going 21-10 in that span. They are 10-16 when allowing the first goal of the game. Owen Sound has a record of 30-5 when scoring first. They are 8-13 when allowing the first goal.
10) The Attack’s goal differential is +84. The Rangers goal differential is +2.
11) The Attack are 27-3-0-1 when leading after the first period of play. They suffered that third regulation loss when leading after one in their most recent game, vs. the Mississauga Steelheads on Family Day Monday.
12) Owen Sound is 17-11-0-0 on the road. Kitchener is 19-8-1-1 at the Aud.