GD12 – Owen Sound Attack vs. Kitchener Rangers – Nov. 11, 2016
Friday, November 11, 2016 – Owen Sound Attack (10-9-0-1) vs. Kitchener Rangers (10-6-0-1) – 7:30pm
Home Game: 9 Season Game: 18
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
1) Tonight marks the second of eight meetings between the Owen Sound Attack and Kitchener Rangers this season. The first meeting was a
5-3 win for the Attack back on October 15th at the Bayshore in Owen Sound.
2) Defenceman Frank Hora plays his first game as captain of the Rangers tonight for Kitchener. The fourth year rearguard from Cheektowaga, NY is dressing for his third game of the season after returning from a PTO with the AHL’s Cleveland Monsters.
3) The last time the Kitchener Rangers dropped three straight games in regulation before now was December 12, 13 and 16, 2014.
4) Rangers winger Darby Llewellyn will play his 259th regular season game for the Rangers tonight, moving into sole possession of 7th on the all-time list for franchise regular season games played.
5) Rangers winger Jeremy Bracco is on a season long 14-game point streak, registering 27 points (9G, 18A) in that span. Attack centre Nick Suzuki enters tonight with six goals and 12 points in his last seven games played.
6) Rangers’ centre Mason Kohn is five points away from 100 career regular season points (35G, 60A = 95 points in 190 games played). He and teammate Frank Hora are ten games away from their 200th regular season game with the Rangers.
7) Saturday was the 150th regular season game in a Rangers uniform for Connor Bunnaman.
8) Kitchener has scored the game’s opening goal in ten of 17 games this season, going 5-5 in that span. They are 5-2 when allowing the first goal of the game. The Attack have a record of 7-2 when scoring first. They are 3-7 when allowing the first goal.
9) Rangers’ winger Adam Mascherin is third in the league in points with 30 (10G, 20A), and leads the OHL in power play goals with six. Kitchener’s Jeremy Bracco sits seventh in points with 27, while Owen Sound’s Petrus Palmu leads the Attack and is ranked 10th in the league with 24 points.
10) Greg Meireles leads the OHL in rookie scoring with 17 points (5G, 12A) in 17 games played. Owen Sound’s Maksim Sushko leads Attack rookies with 13 points (8G, 5A) in 17 games played.
11) The Owen Sound Attack hold a wide lead in shots on goal over all other OHL teams. Their 756 shots are 177 more than the next highest mark by a team, the Guelph Storm, with 639. The Kitchener Rangers have 135 shots for this season in the third period, which is the fewest by any OHL team in the final frame.
12) The Owen Sound Attack are 4-7-0-0 this season on the road. The Kitchener Rangers are 6-1-0-1 at the Aud.