Friday, November 25, 2016 – Owen Sound Attack (13-11-1-0) vs. Kitchener Rangers (15-7-0-1) – 7:30pm
Home Game: 13 Season Game: 24
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
1) Today marks the third of eight meetings between the Owen Sound Attack and Kitchener Rangers this season. The Rangers are 1-1-0-0 vs. the Attack, winning 4-3 here on November 11.
2) The Kitchener Rangers boast the fourth best home PP in the league, executing at 24.6%. Their 15 goals at home on the power play are tied for the most in the OHL. Their home PK has dipped to ninth at 84.0%.
3) The Owen Sound Attack’s road PP is ranked 13th in the league at just 12.7%. Their road PK is ranked fifth in the league, coming in at 85.7%.
4) In his last two games, Rangers rookie defenceman Giovanni Vallati has registered two goals and one assist with a plus/minus of +6.
5) Rangers winger Jeremy Bracco is on a season long 20-game point streak, registering 43 points (16G, 27A) in that span. It is the longest point streak in the OHL this season.
6) Rangers centre Mason Kohn is three points away from 100 career regular season points (36G, 61A). Both he and Rangers captain Frank Hora are approaching the 200 regular season games mark. They will dress in their 197th game tonight.
7) Rangers forward Darby Llewellyn moved into sixth on the all-time list of regular season games played in Rangers’ franchise history on Wednesday (261). By dressing tonight, he’ll move into a tie for 5th with Dwight Foster at 262.
8) The Kitchener Rangers have scored the third most goals in the Ontario Hockey League with 101, having played one fewer game than the Otters, who lead the league with 109.
9) Kitchener has scored the game’s opening goal in 15 of 23 games this season, going 10-5 in that span. They are 5-3 when allowing the first goal of the game. The Attack have a record of 10-4 when scoring first. They are 3-8 when allowing the first goal.
10) Greg Meireles’ 15 assists and 21 points are tops in the league among rookies. Attack rookie Maksim Sushko is second in rookie goal scoring with nine. Rangers defencemen Giovanni Vallati leads all OHL rookie defenceman in plus/minus by a wide margin at +12, while the next closest mark is held by three players tied at +4.
11) Adam Mascherin has points in all but two games played this season. He has registered points in all eleven games he’s played at the Aud
(10G, 13A = 23). He is tied for the league lead in power play goals with eight.
12) The Owen Sound Attack are 6-9-0-0 this season on the road. The Kitchener Rangers are 9-2-0-1 at the Aud.