GD12 – Owen Sound Attack vs. Kitchener Rangers – October 9, 2017
Monday, October 9, 2017 – Owen Sound Attack (3-0-0-2) vs. Kitchener Rangers (4-2-1-0) – 2pm
Home Game: 4 Season Game: 8
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TODAY’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the second of eight meetings between the Kitchener Rangers and the Owen Sound Attack. The two teams met last Friday here at The Aud, a 4-3 OT win for the Attack.
2) The Rangers head into today’s game having had a four-game point streak snapped at the hands of the Guelph Storm on Saturday night. It was their first road loss of the season.
3) The Attack are the only team remaining in the Ontario Hockey League without a regulation loss, albeit having played only five games.
4) The winner of today’s game will move into the outright lead in the Midwest Division.
5) Today is just the second road game of the season for the Attack, who played their only other game away from the Bayshore here at The Aud last Friday night.
6) The Kitchener Rangers home power play has improved from 11th to 9th in the OHL, executing at a 20% efficiency (3-for-15). Their home penalty kill is 15th overall at 73.3% (11-for-15).
7) The Owen Sound road power play ranks 10th in the league at 20% (3-for-20), while their road penalty kill is ranked 1st at 100% (1GP, 8-for-8). The Hamilton Bulldogs (2 GP, 6-for-6) and North Bay Battalion (2 GP, 12-for-12) are also executing at 100%.
8) Rangers forward Adam Mascherin sits fourth in the league in shots (33) in seven games played.
9) Today marks the last home game for the Rangers until Friday, October 20th when they host the London Knights. The team takes a western swing next weekend with stops in the Soo Friday, Saginaw Saturday, and Flint on Sunday.
10) The Attack are back in action on Wednesday night when they host the Erie Otters at 7pm at the Bayshore.
11) The Attack have scored the second most goals in the western conference (27), despite only having played five games.
12) After four games played, Rangers’ goaltender Anthony Dumont-Bouchard sits tied for second overall in the league in wins (4), is fourth in GAA (2.00) and third in SV% (.933%).