Friday, September 29, 2017 – Owen Sound Attack (0-0-0-1) vs. Kitchener Rangers (2-1-0-0) – 7:30pm
Home Game: 2 Season Game: 4
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the first of six meetings between the Kitchener Rangers and the Owen Sound Attack. The Rangers and Attack will play all three games scheduled at The Aud by October 27th. The Rangers don’t make their first trip to the Bayshore until November 29th.
2) Tonight marks the first meeting between the two teams since the Attack eliminated the Rangers in the opening round of the 2017 OHL Playoffs, 4-1.
3) The Rangers are coming off a 4-2 road victory over the Windsor Spitfires last night, their second consecutive win. The Attack fell to the Flint Firebirds, 4-3 in a shootout, last Saturday in their only game played thus far in regular season action.
4) The Kitchener Rangers named Connor Bunnaman the team’s 53rd captain in franchise history a week ago today. Logan Stanley and Adam Mascherin have been named alternates, with another ‘floating “A”’ being worn by a third player throughout the season.
5) The Owen Sound Attack named Jacob Friend the team’s 22nd captain in franchise history a week ago today. Nick Suzuki and Jonah Gadjovich have been named alternates, with another ‘floating “A”’ being worn by a third player throughout the season.
6) Tonight marks the first time the Rangers will face the Attack under Owen Sound’s new head coach, Todd Gill. Named the 16th head coach in team history, Gill replaces former bench boss Ryan McGill who moved on to a role as assistant coach with the Vegas Golden Knights.
7) Rangers defenceman Logan Stanley made his debut with the Blueshirts last night in Windsor, registering a goal and an assist against his former club. Tonight will mark his first home game as a member of the Rangers, the team the Waterloo native grew up cheering for as a child.
8) Rangers’ forward Riley Damiani has registered points in all three regular season games played, tallying two goals and four points.
9) A pair of Owen Sound Attack skaters are local products; defenceman Nick King (Waterloo) and Chase Campbell (Waterloo).
10) The Rangers round out a three-in-three weekend when they travel to Erie to take on the Otters tomorrow night for a 7pm start. The Attack play just two games this weekend, finishing back home tomorrow night at 7:30pm as they host the Mississauga Steelheads.
11) After two games played, Rangers’ goaltender Anthony Dumont-Bouchard sits second in the league in GAA (1.50) and SV% (.950%), as well as tied for second in wins (2-0-0-0).
12) Kitchener’s Jack York (Sept. 28th vs. WSR) and Adam Liška (Sept. 22nd vs. FLT) each scored their first OHL goals during the first week of the season.