Sunday, March 11, 2018 – Saginaw Spirit (29-27-8-0) vs. Kitchener Rangers (42-20-2-0) – 7:30pm
Home Game: 33 Season Game: 65
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TODAY’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the fourth and final meeting of the regular season between the Saginaw Spirit and Kitchener Rangers.
2) The Rangers are 3-0-0-0 this season vs. the Spirit. The last time the Spirit earned a win vs. the Rangers was during the 2014-15 season; a 3-1 decision in Saginaw on March 21, 2015. The last Spirit win at The Aud was November 9, 2014; a 5-4 OT win.
3) The Rangers will finish second in the west, but the Spirit could finish anywhere from 6th to 8th, meaning today’s game could potentially be a first round playoff preview.
4) Kitchener is coming off a tight 4-3 loss to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds here on Friday night.
5) Saginaw skated to a 3-0 win over the Guelph Storm on Friday, but dropped a 5-0 decision to the Owen Sound Attack yesterday. All three of their games this weekend are on the road.
6) Kitchener’s Connor Bunnaman had a six-game goal scoring streak snapped on Friday vs. the Soo.
7) The Spirit are 12-13-6-0 on the road this season while the Rangers are 21-10-1-0 at The Aud.
8) Former Ranger and current Spirit Mason Kohn dressed in his 300th career regular season OHL game last night vs. the Attack.
9) The Spirit have scored the game’s first goal in 30 of 64 games. They are 20-7-3-0 in those games. The Rangers have scored the first goal 31 times in 64 games, going 25-5-1-0 in that span.
10) The Kitchener Rangers home power play is 7th in the OHL, executing at a 23.7% efficiency (27-for-114). Their home penalty kill is 9th overall at 80.0% (88-for-110). The Saginaw Spirit road power play ranks 19th at 16.0% (19-for-119), while their road penalty kill is ranked 10th at 79.8% (95-for-119).
11) The Rangers’ highest scoring period is the second period, having scored 82 goals. They’ve also only given up 59 goals in the middle frame, which is a league low for goals against the second period.
12) The Spirit’s highest scoring period is the third, having scored 64 goals. Their lowest goals allowed are 68 in the second period.