GD12 – Sarnia Sting vs. Kitchener Rangers – Feb. 12, 2017
Sunday, February 12, 2017 – Sarnia Sting (25-21-5-1) vs. Kitchener Rangers (28-21-2-2) – 2pm
Home Game: 29 Season Game: 54
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TODAY’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the fourth and final meeting of the season between the Kitchener Rangers and the Sarnia Sting. The Rangers are 1-1-0-1 vs. the Sting this season.
2) The Kitchener Rangers come into today with the league’s seventh best home power play after dipping down from fifth on Friday, executing at 21.7%. Kitchener’s home PK is ranked 10th at 82.2%.
3) The Sarnia Sting have the league’s 16th ranked road PP at 13.6%. They sit dead last in road penalty kill, allowing 24 PPG on 97 opportunities, for an efficiency of 75.3%.
4) Sarnia’s Jordan Kyrou is currently on a 16-game point streak (10G, 18A=28 Pts).
5) Connor Bunnaman leads the Rangers offensively in the season series vs. the Sting, tallying two goals and five points in three the three games played. Jordan Kyrou leads the Sting vs. the Rangers this season, registering one goal and seven points in three games.
6) The Rangers season high in shots (51) came against the Sting back on October 7.
7) Adam Mascherin sits third in the OHL’s point scoring race with 82 points. Jordan Kyrou is fourth, coming into today with 69 points.
8) Connor Bunnaman (93) is just seven points away from 100 career regular season OHL points. Adam Mascherin (192) is eight points away from the 200 mark.
9) Kitchener has scored the game’s opening goal in 30 of 53 games this season, going 20-10 in that span. They are 8-15 when allowing the first goal of the game. Sarnia has a record of 17-12 when scoring first. They are 8-15 when allowing the first goal.
10) The Sting are 17-2 when leading after two periods of play, but 4-10 when tied heading into the third period.
11) The Sting are 6-9-2-0 vs. the Midwest Division this season. The Rangers are 7-4-1-2 vs. the West Division.
12) Sarnia is 8-12-3-1 on the road. Kitchener is 18-8-1-1 at the Aud.