GD12 – Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds vs. Kitchener Rangers – Mar. 5, 2017
Sunday, March 5, 2017 – Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (42-15-3-1) vs. Kitchener Rangers (34-24-2-2) – 2pm
Home Game: 33 Season Game: 63
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TODAY’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the third of four meetings between the Kitchener Rangers and Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds this regular season. The Rangers are 1-0-1-0 vs. the Greyhounds during the 2016-17 campaign.
2) Today’s Rangers’ starting goaltender will wear a mask designed by Joel G., the winner of the Sun Life Financial Kids in Gear Mask Design contest.
3) The Kitchener Rangers come into today with the league’s 9th ranked home power play, executing at 20.9%. Kitchener’s home PK has dipped to 16th at 77.9% efficiency.
4) The Soo Greyhounds have the league’s 16th ranked road PP at 16.1%, but are 2nd on road PK at 85.6%.
5) Rangers forward Connor Bunnaman is two points away from 100 career regular season OHL points (57G, 41A in 193 GP).
6) Greyhounds forward Bobby MacIntyre will play in his 300th career regular season OHL game this afternoon. He made his OHL debut on September 21, 2012 vs. the Rangers (as a member of the Mississauga Steelheads), and also scored his first OHL goal vs. Kitchener on November 11, 2012.
7) Greyhounds goaltender Matthew Villalta is coming off his first career OHL shutout, a 37-save performance in a
6-0 win over the Guelph Storm on Friday.
8) Adam Mascherin sits third in the OHL’s point scoring race with 93 points, while tied for second in the league in assists with 59. Bobby MacIntyre leads the Greyhounds with 71 points, sitting 14th overall in league scoring.
9) Former Rangers’ forward and Greyhounds overager David Miller will play in his final career regular season OHL game at the Aud today. Miller spent parts of two seasons with the Rangers, amassing 22 goals and 51 points in 84 regular season games, along with nine points in 15 playoff games.
10) Kitchener has scored the game’s opening goal in 33 of 62 games this season, going 22-11 in that span. They are 12-17 when allowing the first goal of the game. The Soo has a record of 29-6 when scoring first. They are 13-13 when allowing the first goal.
11) The Hounds are 29-3 when leading after two periods of play. The Rangers are 26-3 when leading after 40 minutes.
12) The Soo is 24-6-1-0 when on the road. Kitchener is 20-10-1-1 at the Aud.