GD12 – Windsor Spitfires vs. Kitchener Rangers – December 5, 2017
Tuesday, December 5, 2017 – Windsor Spitfires (15-10-2-0) vs. Kitchener Rangers (18-9-2-0) – 7pm
Home Game: 14 Season Game: 30
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Tonight marks the fourth and final meeting of the regular season between the Windsor Spitfires and Kitchener Rangers. The Rangers are 2-0-1-0 vs. the Spitfires this season.
2) The Rangers are on a three-game winning streak, rallying for their third straight come-from-behind victory on Sunday night, 3-2 in overtime, vs. the Erie Otters.
3) The Spitfires are undefeated in regulation in their last four games (3-0-1-0).
4) Michael DiPietro shut out three consecutive teams last year on their Teddy Bear Toss nights (Dec. 8 vs. BAR – 3-0; Dec. 10 vs. SBY – 6-0; Dec. 11 vs. NB – 3-0)
5) Rangers’ alternate captain Adam Mascherin is on a four-game goal scoring streak, tallying a total of five goals and seven points in that span.
6) The Kitchener Rangers home power play is 6th in the OHL, executing at a 24.1% efficiency (13-for-54). Their home penalty kill is 15th overall at 75.4% (43-for-57).
7) The Windsor Spitfires road power play ranks 2nd at 28.6% (16-for-56), while their road penalty kill is ranked 14th at 76.0% (38-for-50).
8) Rangers winger/defenceman Joseph Garreffa was named the OHL ‘On the Run’ Player of the Week after amassing two four-point performances against the Owen Sound Attack.
9) Rangers captain Connor Bunnaman has scored the previous two Teddy Bear goals for the Blueshirts.
10) Spitfires’ captain Aaron Luchuk sits second overall in league scoring (23 G, 21 A = 44 Points in 27 GP). His 23 goals are a league best, tied with Greyhounds’ forward and Waterloo native Boris Katchouk.
11) The Windsor Spitfires are undefeated in regulation when tied after two periods of play (3-0-2-0).
12) The Rangers are 10-0-0-0 when leading after the first period, and 11-1-0-0 when leading after two.