Job Posting – Graphic Designer
The Kitchener Rangers are seeking an entry level Graphic Designer to join their Marketing team. The individual will be a part of our in-house creative team and will consistently deliver graphic design that follows and represents the Rangers brand and guidelines.
The candidate will help in the development and production of graphic design and marketing collateral that supports the organization’s sales, marketing, game, event and community initiatives. Projects may include but are not limited to: updating current marketing collateral (program ads, tickets, sponsorship kits, and internal/external information pieces), web and social media design, photography library, web galleries, archives, newsletter templates, and facility decals. Overall aiding in the production of ongoing project files as well as new creative requests.
The successful candidate is:
• Knowledgeable at graphic design and production fundamentals; print and digital
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud & Microsoft Office
• Able to design to various environments, size, scale, colour-manage and prep files
• Able to work efficiently independently and as part of a team
• Has strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Good with collaborating and compromise
• Understanding of web-based trends and technologies
• Detail oriented to maintain brand guidelines
• Willing to accept direction and guidance
• A good multi-tasker, who will complete assignments quickly and efficiently
• A competent typesetter with a good understanding of typography
• Able to shift priorities and problem solve to complete projects
• Capable of changing direction on a project if required
• Able to maintain confidentiality on projects if required
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Diploma or Degree – Graphic Design
• Professional experience working in a creative graphic design environment is an asset
• Knowledge of industry trends, software, media and user experience
• Knowledge of WordPress content management systems an asset
• Knowledge of social media platforms
• Portfolio including samples of current graphic design projects / work is required
• Photography an asset
• Hockey knowledge an asset
Salary / Full-Time
Group RRSP program
Irregular hours (Seasonal weekends and evenings) are required
Cover letter, resume and samples of your work (or include online portfolio url) may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or dropped off in person during regular business hours (M-F 9:30am – 1pm and 2-5pm) to the Kitchener Rangers main reception (Entrance off of Parking Lot A, Kitchener Rangers Office, 1963 Eugene George Way, Kitchener, ON N2H 0B8)
Deadline to apply is Monday, June 25 by 12pm-noon.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.