Game Operations Intern
Internship opportunities are currently available within the team’s Game Operation Staff for the 2015-2016 season. This opportunity will offer you hands-on experience with an Ontario Hockey League franchise while also building your resume with reputable volunteer experience.
- Prepare and operate our hospitality rooms (Don Cameron and Les Bradley Room)
- Sell programs
- Conduct sound check/run through with live entertainment (anthem singer, choirs, bands, color guards, etc.)
- Assist with live promotional giveaways
- Enthusiastically interact with fans during live promotional giveaways
- Ensure all items have been accounted for and stored (all props must be properly stored in the Game Operations room. Leftover prizes, radios and other miscellaneous items must be brought back to the Game Operations room)
- Review game script and prepare game day materials i.e.: promotional contestant forms, promotional waivers, promotional props (sticks for shootouts, etc.), prizing elements, game day memos for live entertainment, mini game teams.
- Work alongside our game presentation team to ensure proper timing for promotions and presentations
- The option to work other team events (Season Ticket Holder Skate, Special Hockey Charity Game, etc.)
- Assist with set-up for special events (season ticket holder appreciation nights, etc.)
- Liaise with corporate partners on event nights
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Able to multi-task in a fast pace environment
- Organized and efficient with the ability to take the initiative on tasks
- Must have reliable transportation to get to the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium for games and events
- Must be able to commit to full 2015-2016 season, arriving no later than two hours before each home game (34 home games)
- Must be able to maintain professionalism when working with and around athletes, coaching staff and management
- Must be willing to work hard, be on time and present him/herself professionally
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and perform some manual labour, as an essential function of the position
Deadline To Apply
Extended to 12-noon on July 17, 2015
Applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to Treena Hennessey. Email email@example.com or fax to 519.576.7571
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the volume of applications we will not accept telephone inquiries.