Rangers send seven players to NHL Camps
Kitchener, Ont. – A total of seven Kitchener Rangers have been invited to NHL Training Camps beginning this week.
Francesco Pinelli (Los Angeles) and Roman Schmidt (Tampa Bay), who were selected in the 2021 NHL Draft, will attend their club’s camps. Additionally, Tomas Hamara, was selected in the third round of the 2022 NHL Draft by the Senators and will attend Ottawa’s camp. All three Rangers have signed NHL Entry-Level contracts with their respective clubs and are expected to play in Kitchener this season.
Additionally, Mitchell Martin (Detroit), Simon Motew (Washington), Joseph Serpa (Chicago) and Reid Valade (Ottawa Senators) are four Rangers that have earned free agent invites to camps after spending this past season in Kitchener.
Six Rangers will participate in NHL rookie tournaments across North America over the next week:
- Hamara (Ottawa) – Prospects Challenge – Buffalo, N.Y. – Sept. 15-19
- Martin (Detroit) – NHL Prospects Tournament – Traverse City, Mich. – Sept. 15-19
- Pinelli (Los Angeles) – NHL Rookie Faceoff – San Jose, Calif. – Sept. 16-19
- Schmidt (Tampa Bay) – Prospect Showcase – Raleigh, N.C. – Sept. 16-19
- Serpa (Chicago) – Tom Kurvers Prospect Showcase – Chicago, Ill. – Sept. 16-18
- Valade (Ottawa) – Prospects Challenge – Buffalo, N.Y. – Sept. 15-19
Join in the conversation on all things Rangers via social media by using the hashtag #RTown. Stay connected by following the Rangers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter by searching @OHLRangers.
The Kitchener Rangers drop the puck on the 60th anniversary season beginning September 30th at The Kitchener Memorial Auditorium. Season memberships for the Kitchener Rangers 2022-23 campaign are on sale now and can be purchased at RangersSeasons.com or by contacting the Kitchener Rangers Ticketing Department by phone at (519) 576-3700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.