12 THINGS TO KNOW GOING INTO TONIGHT’S GAME
Friday, December 11th, 2015
Owen Sound Attack vs. Kitchener Rangers
1) Today marks the fourth of eight meetings between the Attack and the Rangers this season. The most recent was a 2-1 overtime win by the Rangers on Saturday, November 14th at the Bayshore.
2) The Rangers currently sit third in the Western Conference standings with a 22-3-3-0 record, but maintain the second most points in the OHL with 47.
3) The Attack comes in with an 11-11-4-2 record and 28 points, sitting seventh in the Western Conference standings.
4) Rangers centre Ryan MacInnis is on an eleven-game point streak (7G-9A=16Pts) heading into tonight’s game.
5) The Rangers have won four in a row, while the Attack are winless in regulation in their last six games (0-4-1-1), with just two wins in their last ten games (2-5-2-1).
6) The Owen Sound Attack have the second lowest goals for in the Ontario Hockey League at 64. The lowest is 50, by the Guelph Storm. The Rangers have allowed the lowest goals against in the league at 65.
7) The Attack are 4-6-2-1 versus other teams in the Midwest Division this season. The Rangers are 7-2-1-0 when playing within their own division.
8) The Attack have been accumulatively outscored by their opponents in every period this season except the third period. The Rangers have outscored their opponents in every period except overtime (2-3).
9) The Rangers have scored the first goal in 22-of-28 games played this season. When they score first, they are 19-3. When the opponents score first, they are 3-3.
10) The Attack have scored the first goal in 12-of-28 games played this season. When they score first, they are 9-3. When the opponents score first, they are 2-14.
11) When the Attack are tied after 40 minutes of play, they are 6-5. When the Rangers are tied after 40 minutes of play, they are 4-1.
12) The Rangers are 12-1-2-0 at home, while the Attack are 3-8-2-1 on the road.