12 THINGS TO KNOW GOING INTO TONIGHT’S GAME
Friday, November 27th, 2015
Barrie Colts vs. Kitchener Rangers
1) Tonight marks the second and final meeting between the Colts and Rangers this regular season. The Rangers came away with a 3-1 win in the team’s first meeting at the Barrie Molson Centre on October 17th.
2) The Rangers currently sit third in the Western Conference standings with an 18-3-3-0 record, but maintain the second most points in the OHL with 39.
3) The Colts sit atop the Eastern Conference standings with a record of 16-7-0-0 and 32 points.
4) The Rangers saw a modest two-game win streak snapped following a 3-2 regulation loss to the Erie Otters last night in Erie. The Colts are riding a four-game win streak following a 4-1 victory over the Owen Sound Attack last night.
5) Barrie propelled themselves to last night’s win via a three-goal second period which included a shorthanded, eventual game-winning goal by Justin Scott, his fifth goal of the season.
6) The Colts were a perfect 7-for-7 on the penalty kill last night vs. the Attack.
7) Rangers centre Ryan MacInnis is second in the league in goals scored with 18 in 23 games played. Andrew Mangiapane leads the Colts with 15, and is tied for the league’s seventh best mark in that category.
8) The Colts have four players with double-digits in goals [Mangiapane (15), Labanc (13). Radke(11), Nattinen (10)]. The Rangers have two [MacInnis (18), Mascherin (11)].
9) The Colts have three players with over 20 points [Labanc (40), Mangiapane (32), Nattinen (29)]. The Rangers have two [MacInnis (32), Mascherin (26)].
10) The Rangers have a combined 226 points scored from players on their active roster. The Colts have 225.
11) The Colts are 9-3-0-0 on the road this season. The Rangers are 8-1-2-0 at the Aud.
12) The Rangers and Colts are tied for the fewest goals allowed in the OHL (57).