12 THINGS TO KNOW GOING INTO TODAY’S GAME
Monday, October 12th, 2015 – 2pm
Sudbury Wolves vs. Kitchener Rangers
1) Today marks the second and final time the Kitchener Rangers and Sudbury Wolves will meet this season. Kitchener came away with a 4-2 win in Sudbury on October 2nd.
2) The Wolves carry a 0-2-0-0 road record into today’s game. The Rangers are 0-0-2-0 at home.
3) Matt Schmalz is entering his third full season as a member of the Wolves. The right winger from Dunnville, Ontario was the Rangers first round draft pick, 17th overall in the 2012 OHL Priority Selection.
4) Adam Mascherin registered a pair of assists in yesterday’s overtime loss to Mississauga. He is now on a five-game point streak to start the regular season.
5) Connor Bunnaman’s shorthanded marker in Friday’s game versus the Windsor Spitfires was the first of his OHL career.
6) Darby Llewellyn’s two goal performance yesterday in Mississauga was the seventh time the left winger scored two or more goals in one game in his OHL regular season career.
7) Hockey Canada announced earlier this week that both Greg Meireles (KIT) and David Levin (SUD) have been named to one of three Canada squads at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge beginning October 30th.
8) Frank Hora’s assist on Friday night versus the Windsor Spitfires was the 50th regular season assist of his career and places him 43rd in all-time regular season assists by a Rangers defenceman.
9) Although they have the fewest points in the OHL, the Sudbury Wolves have scored more goals than three other teams. (Hamilton, North Bay, Guelph)
10) The Rangers all-time franchise record is (3390 GP) 1616 W – 1459 L – 239 T – 40 OTL – 36 SOL.
The Wolves all-time franchise record is (2895 GP) 1187 W – 1434 L – 175 T – 58 OTL – 41 SOL
11) Over the last five seasons, the Rangers are 5-3-0-1 versus the Wolves, including a 3-0-0-1 record at The Aud.
12) Rangers associate coach Jay McKee was a defenceman with the Sudbury Wolves during the 1993-94 and 1994-95 seasons, registering six goals and seven assists for 13 points and 142 penalty minutes in 90 regular season games played. His team trainer while with the Wolves was current Rangers trainer Dan Lebold.