12 THINGS TO KNOW GOING INTO TODAY’S GAME
Sunday, October 25th, 2015
Saginaw Spirit vs. Kitchener Rangers
1) Today marks the first of four times the Kitchener Rangers and Saginaw Spirit will meet this season. In four games last season, the Rangers came away with a 1-1-1-1 record.
2) The Spirit have a better road record (3-2-0-1) than home record (1-3-1-0) so far this season. The Rangers are 3-0-2-0 at home to start the year.
3) Saginaw became the first team to hand the Erie Otters a loss this season, coming away with a 6-3 win in Erie last night. The Rangers are now the only team in the OHL who remain undefeated in regulation to start the season.
4) Ryan MacInnis, Brandon Robinson and Adam Mascherin are on a combined 20-game point streak (Robinson: 4, MacInnis: 5, Mascherin: 11) and have collectively produced 15 goals and 17 assists for 32 points during their active streaks.
5) After a plus-3 performance on Friday, Rangers defenceman Brian Brosnan continues to lead the OHL in plus/minus with a plus-16. Fellow defenceman Dylan Di Perna is tied for the third best mark at plus-13.
6) Saginaw’s Dylan Sadowy is tied for the third most goals scored in the OHL with nine.
7) Rangers forward Adam Mascherin’s point streak to start the regular season extended to eleven games Friday when he registered two assists (7G, 10A=17Pts). He is currently tied for the OHL’s longest point scoring streak with Kingston’s Spencer Watson.
8) Mascherin is tied for the third highest point total in the OHL with 17 points. Otters’ Alex DeBrincat leads the league with 20.
9) Ryan MacInnis (3) trails Frontenacs’ Spencer Watson by one goal for the most game-winning goals scored this season.
10) Joseph Garreffa notched his first career OHL point with an assist in the Rangers 4-1 win on Friday.
11) The Rangers have opened the scoring in ten of eleven games played to start the season.
12) The Rangers boast the best power play in the OHL coming into today’s game, converting at 26.5%.