Tuesday, January 2, 2018 – Barrie Colts (23-10-2-1) vs. Kitchener Rangers (24-11-2-0) –7pm
Home Game: 19 Season Game: 38
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the second and final meeting of the season between the Barrie Colts and Kitchener Rangers. The Rangers claimed a 3-1 win back on November 18 in Barrie in a game nationally televised on Sportsnet.
2) The Colts have won six straight games leading up to tonight’s game vs. the Rangers.
3) The Rangers have won four straight games coming into tonight.
4) Rangers’ alternate captain Adam Mascherin set a new career high for consecutive games with a point (14) yesterday in Peterborough. He has registered 17 goals and 11 assists for 28 points during that span.
5) Mascherin now sits fourth overall in league scoring with 51 points (28G, 23A) in 37 games played. Barrie’s Aaron Luchuk is second with 59 points (31G, 28A) in 36 games.
6) Mascherin’s four goal performance yesterday in the Rangers’ 5-4 overtime win was a career first.
7) The Kitchener Rangers home power play is 3rd in the OHL, executing at a 26.9% efficiency (18-for-67). Their home penalty kill is 16th overall at 75.4 % (49-for-65).
8) The Barrie Colts road power play ranks 11th at 20.5% (17-for-83), while their road penalty kill is ranked 10th at 80.4% (78-for-97). The Colts have been shorthanded a league-leading 185 times.
9) The Colts have an impressive road record at 11-5-2-0 while the Rangers are 12-5-1-0 at home.
10) The Rangers and Colts have scored the same number of goals (142), while Barrie has surrendered six fewer goals in one less game.
11) Colts’ Ryan Suzuki sits fourth in rookie scoring with six goals and 24 points in 32 games. Andrei Svechnikov is sixth with 14 goals and 21 points in 16 games.
12) The Rangers are 12-0-0-0 when leading after the first period and 16-2-0-0 when leading after two. The Colts are 5-1-1-0 when tied after one period, and 4-1-1-1 when tied after two.