Friday, January 19, 2018 – Erie Otters (13-21-6-3) vs. Kitchener Rangers (28-14-2-0) –7:30pm
Home Game: 22 Season Game: 45
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Tonight marks the sixth and final meeting this season between the Erie Otters and Kitchener Rangers. Three of the previous five games have been one-goal games. Kitchener leads the season series 5-0-0-0.
2) The Rangers are coming off their second shutout win of the season, a 6-0 victory over the Niagara IceDogs in St. Catharines on Wednesday. The Otters claimed their first win of the calendar year on Sunday, a 4-3 shootout victory over the Flint Firebirds.
3) The Otters have dropped 11 straight games away from the Erie Insurance Arena, their last road win coming back on November 18 vs. the Flint Firebirds.
4) Erie has played 22 road games this season, and is still searching for their third win away from home.
5) Kitchener’s Logan Stanley ranks fourth in team scoring with 12 goals and 33 points – both career highs – and sits 9th in OHL scoring by defencemen.
6) Mascherin ranks fifth overall in league scoring with 58 points (30G, 28A) in 44 games played. Kyle Maksimovich leads the Otters and ranks 16th, registering 51 points (24G, 27A) in 43 games.
7) On Wednesday, Mascherin achieved his third straight 30-goal season, the first Ranger to match that feat in 16 years since Derek Roy in 2002.
8) The Kitchener Rangers home power play is 4th in the OHL, executing at a 26.7% efficiency (20-for-75). Their home penalty kill is 15th overall at 77.3% (58-for-75).
9) The Erie Otters road power play ranks 11th at 20.3% (15-for-74), while their road penalty kill is ranked 16th at 75.0% (60-for-80).
10) The Rangers continue to await the debut of forward Logan Brown to their lineup. The former Spitfire joined the team yesterday.
11) The Rangers are 14-0-0-0 when leading after one period of play, and 20-2-0-0 when leading after two.
12) The Otters are 9-7-2-0 when leading after one. They are 3-6-3-1 when tied after 20 minutes. They have just one win in 12 games when trailing after one, and one win in 19 games when trailing after two.