Sunday, December 17, 2017 – Kingston Frontenacs (17-9-3-3) vs. Kitchener Rangers (20-11-2-0) –2pm
Home Game: 17 Season Game: 34
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TODAY’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the first of two meetings between the Kingston Frontenacs and Kitchener Rangers. The final meeting will be at the K-Rock Centre on Saturday, February 18, 2018.
2) The Frontenacs are playing their third game in two-and-a-half days, coming off a 2-1 shootout win over the Owen Sound Attack last night.
3) The Rangers are coming off a loss to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds on Friday night, after the Hounds scored with 2.9 seconds remaining to claim a 4-3 regulation win.
4) The Frontenacs have allowed the second fewest number of goals against in the OHL (91) in 32 games. The only team that has surrendered fewer is Sault Ste. Marie (89). Kingston has scored the second most goals in the eastern conference with 117.
5) Rangers’ alternate captain Adam Mascherin is on an eight-game goal scoring streak, tallying a total of 11 goals and 15 points in that span.
6) The Kitchener Rangers home power play is 6th in the OHL, executing at a 25.0% efficiency (15-for-60). Their home penalty kill has dipped to 17th overall at 74.6 % (47-for-63).
7) The Kingston Frontenacs road power play ranks 9th at 21.0% (12-for-57), while their road penalty kill is ranked 1st at 86.1% (56-for-65).
8) The Frontenacs are an impressive 10-2-2-1 on home ice, but have struggled on the road going 7-7-1-2.
9) Kingston’s Jason Robertson leads the league in shots on goal with 151.
10) Adam Mascherin sits 15th overall in league scoring with 40 points (22G, 18A) in 33 games played.
11) The Frontenacs are 10-2-1-0 when leading after the first period, and 13-1-1-2 when leading after two.
12) The Rangers are 11-0-0-0 when leading after the first period, and 12-2-0-0 when leading after two.