Sunday, January 14, 2018 – London Knights (22-17-2-1) vs. Kitchener Rangers (27-13-2-0) –6pm
Home Game: 21 Season Game: 43
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Tonight marks the fourth of six meetings this season between the London Knights and Kitchener Rangers. They last met on Thursday night, a 5-1 road win for the Rangers.
2) After losing back-to-back games leading up to Wednesday’s trade deadline, the Kitchener Rangers have won back-to-back games since, scoring ten goals in those two games.
3) The Knights registered a seven-game point streak (6-0-0-1) from December 16 – January 5, but have since dropped three straight.
4) After dealing a number of veteran players at the trade deadline, Evan Bouchard now leads the Knights in scoring with 15 goals and 35 assists in 42 games. He sits tops in OHL scoring by defencemen.
5) Bouchard was named the newest captain of the Knights following Wednesday’s deadline. Alex Formenton, Tyler Rollo and Shane Collins were named the alternates.
6) Mascherin sits tied for fifth overall in league scoring with 55 points (29G, 26A) in 42 games played. Morgan Frost of the Greyhounds leads the pack with 71 points (27G, 44A) in 42 games.
7) Mascherin is ranked fourth in the league in shots at 174, while Evan Bouchard is third with 182 in 42 games. Jason Robertson of the Frontenacs leads the way with 194 in 41 games.
8) The Kitchener Rangers home power play is 4th in the OHL, executing at a 26.4% efficiency (19-for-72). Their home penalty kill dropped to 17th overall at 76.1% (54-for-71).
9) The London Knights road power play ranks 5th at 23.5% (20-for-85), while their road penalty kill is ranked 4th at 82.9% (68-for-82).
10) Newly acquired Rangers forward Givani Smith has scored in both of his first two games since joining the team at the trade deadline.
11) The Rangers are 13-0-0-0 when leading after one period of play, and 19-2-0-0 when leading after two.
12) The Knights are 14-1-0-0 when leading after one, and 15-0-0-1 when leading after two. They have two wins when trailing after one period (16 games) and four wins when trailing after two (20 games).