Friday, January 26, 2018 – Saginaw Spirit (23-17-4-0) vs. Kitchener Rangers (31-14-2-0) –7:30pm
Home Game: 24 Season Game: 48
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Today marks the third of four meetings this season between the Saginaw Spirit and Kitchener Rangers. The Rangers claimed a 3-2 victory in Saginaw on October 14, and a 5-3 win on January 13. The final meeting will be held here at The Aud on March 11.
2) The Rangers are on a four-game win streak heading into tonight’s game, most recently coming off a 3-2 shootout win over the London Knights on Tuesday. The Spirit are coming off a 4-3 overtime loss to North Bay on Sunday.
3) Logan Brown will make his Kitchener Rangers debut tonight.
4) Mason Kohn will play his first game back at The Aud tonight since being traded to the Oshawa Generals near last season’s trade deadline. He was acquired by the Spirit just after the beginning of this season. Kohn spent three-plus seasons with the Rangers, registering 111 points in 237 regular season and playoff games, combined.
5) Kohn sits just two points back of the team lead in points on the Spirit roster, having tallied 12 goals and 37 points in 40 games.
6) The Rangers are on a four-game win streak, and look to match a season-long streak of five straight victories tonight.
7) Adam Mascherin is tied for fifth overall in league scoring with 60 points (30G, 30A) in 47 games played.
8) The Kitchener Rangers home power play is 7th in the OHL, executing at a 24.7% efficiency (20-for-81). Their home penalty kill is 14th overall at 78.5% (62-for-79).
9) The Saginaw Spirit road power play ranks 14th at 18.6% (16-for-86), while their road penalty kill is ranked 14th at 71.0% (65-for-84).
10) The Rangers have ruled the roost at home against the Sprit over the last five years. In eight games they have not lost in regulation, going 7-0-1-0 vs. Saginaw at The Aud.
11) The Rangers are 16-0-0-0 when leading after one period of play, and 22-2-0-0 when leading after two.
12) The Spirit are 6-5-0-0 when tied after one and 3-3-3-0 when tied after two.