Friday, March 9, 2018 – Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (52-7-2-2) vs. Kitchener Rangers (42-19-2-0) – 7:30pm
Home Game: 32 Season Game: 64
12 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE TONIGHT’S GAME
Compiled by: Alyscia Warner, Communications Manager
1) Tonight marks the fourth and final meeting of the regular season between the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds and Kitchener Rangers.
2) The Rangers are coming off a 5-2 win over the Sarnia Sting on Tuesday where they clinched their first Midwest Division title since 2008.
3) The Greyhounds fell to the Windsor Spitfires, 3-2, last night at the WFCU Centre.
4) Sault Ste. Marie’s Morgan Frost sits third overall in league scoring with 103 points (38G, 65A). Kitchener’s Adam Mascherin is 8th with 38 goals and 43 assists for 81 points.
5) Sault Ste. Marie is a perfect 13-0-0-0 vs. the Midwest Division this season.
6) Kitchener’s Connor Bunnaman is currently riding a seven-game point streak (6G, 3A), which includes goals in six straight games.
7) The Greyhounds are 23-6-1-2 on the road this season while the Rangers are 21-9-1-0 at The Aud.
8) The Soo is looking to avoid back-to-back regulation losses for just the second time this season.
9) When scoring first, the Greyhounds are 40-1-1-0. The Rangers are 25-5-1-0 when potting the game’s first goal.
10) The Kitchener Rangers home power play is 8th in the OHL, executing at a 22.7% efficiency (25-for-110). Their home penalty kill is 10th overall at 79.4% (85-for-107). The Soo Greyhounds road power play ranks 7th at 22.3% (25-for-112), while their road penalty kill is ranked 2nd at 84.5% (98-for-116).
11) The Rangers and Greyhounds rank third and fourth, respectively in their overall penalty killing records, each surrendering 41 power play goals against in 63 games played.
12) Kitchener’s highest scoring period this season is the second (82), while the Soo’s highest scoring period is the third (104). The Rangers have surrendered their fewest number of goals in the second period (59), while the Greyhounds have given up only 43 first period goals this season.