The Kitchener Rangers are seeking a full-time Head Athletic Therapist to join their team.
This individual will be responsible for the overall health and welfare of players with a particular emphasis on First-Aid and the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries. This role also requires the provision of emergency, on-ice and clinical care of musculoskeletal injuries and a thorough knowledge of therapeutic techniques.
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct physical examinations
- Recognize, assess, manage, and rehabilitate musculoskeletal injuries
- Initiate, design, and implement specialized therapy programs
- Observe and analyze players during treatment sessions
- Use physical therapy techniques and therapeutic modalities to recondition musculoskeletal injuries
- Refer injured patients to the appropriate specialized medical personnel as required
- Consult with medical professionals on patients’ progress and treatment plans
- Provide basic emergency life support and First-Aid as required
- Create, update, and maintain electronic and hard copy of players’ medical history, injury, and treatment records
- Gather and compile information required to write, update and maintain a variety of documents
- Develop and deliver presentations and information seminars to players
- Advise players on appropriate exercise and rehabilitation programs
- Provide recommendations regarding the selection and fitting of equipment
- Assist with the fitting of standard and custom sport injury braces
- Act as a liaison between student athletes (players) and general manager, coaches
- Exchange technical and medical information with colleagues, athletes and coaches
- Consult with coaches regarding problems of physical conditioning to prevent injury occurrence
- Respond to inquiries from our student athletes (players), their parents, team management and coaches
- Train temporary and casual employees in First-Aid and preventative strapping and taping techniques
- Attendance for coverage at all games and practices
- Monitor inventory and order supplies as required
- Liaison with administrative support staff regarding insurance claims
- On-going communication with Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Direct contact with visiting teams regarding emergency protocol, medical team support services, etc.
- Remain current with frequent advances in medical care and therapeutic techniques
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and procedures for short-term staff and volunteers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Therapy or related field
- Certified Athletic Therapist
- Requires a minimum of three years of relevant experience
Email your resume and qualifications summary to Mike McKenzie; General Manager, Kitchener Rangers Hockey Club at email@example.com
Drop off in person to Treena Hennessey during regular business hours (M-F 9:30am – 1pm and 2-5pm*) at the Kitchener Rangers business office, main reception (entrance off of Parking Lot A; 1963 Eugene George Way, Kitchener, ON N2H 0B8).
*The Kitchener Rangers business office will be closed at 1pm on Friday, July 6.
Deadline to apply is Friday, July 6.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.