The Wawanesa Insurance Toy Drive in support of the Grand River Hospital Foundation (GRHF) is this Friday!
Since the players will be on the ice looking for a win against the rival London Knights, co-captains Riley Damiani and Greg Meireles along with Jonathan Yantsis wanted to kick-start the collection early.
On the team’s behalf, they made a donation on Wednesday afternoon to Paul Murphy, Sr. Business Development Representative with Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company.
You can also join our players and place a smile on a child’s face this holiday season by donating a new and unwrapped toy or making a cash donation at the game this Friday at 7:30pm.
The Wawanesa event team will be in the concourse collecting toy and cash donations while also selling Wawanesa stuffed bears for $10 – which can then be donated to the toy drive. Some requested donation items include:
- Colouring, activity, and reading books
- Crayons, pencil crayons, and markers (ideally in small packages to take home)
- Bubbles, Crayola Model Magic, and Hasbro Play-Doh
- Craft kits or board games
- New small to medium-sized stuffed animals
- Tactile and fidget toys
- Small dolls or Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars
- Lego and Lego Kits
- Puzzle games
- Gift cards for emergency needs
- Gift cards for movies and music for teenage patients (Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Cineplex etc.)
Please note that dollar store toys cannot be accepted due to the low-quality plastics not meeting health and safety standards/regulations of the hospital.
Fans attending the game will also have a chance to win a trip to the CHL Memorial Cup, presented by Kia! Contest rules can be found at wawanesa.com/toydrive
Tickets for the game are still available!
PHONE: (519) 578-1570 or 1 (800) 265-8977
IN PERSON: Activa Box Office at The Aud or Centre in The Square Box Office