KITCHENER – The Kitchener Rangers and Bell Let’s Talk have teamed up for this Friday’s game when they host the Ottawa 67’s at The Kitchener Memorial Auditorium.
Bell Let’s Talk Day is January 25 and the Rangers are joining in to help create positive change for mental health. When it comes to mental health, it’s important to support ourselves and each other. There are many actions big and small that we can do to improve our own mental health and the lives of people living with mental health issues.
Together, the Ranger fans can join in to help create positive change. To learn more about how you can take action, visit bell.ca/letstalk.
The game will feature messages from Kitchener Rangers players to drive awareness and end the stigma around mental illness, a pre-game ceremony and puck drop featuring Rosemary Naccarato (NAC CA RAT O), Manager, Community Affairs and a Bell Let’s Talk representative, and many in-game giveaways and messages surrounding Bell Let’s Talk.
Building on 12 years of increased awareness and acceptance around mental health. Bell Let’s Talk is a year-round initiative focused on engaging Canadians to take action to create positive change in mental health.
In Canada, one-in-two people struggling with their mental health are not getting the help they need. This year, the Bell Let’s Talk campaign theme is “Let’s create positive change” which aims to highlight the mental health crisis that Canadians are facing and ways that we can all create meaningful change and take action, by doing one or more of the following:
- Choose a mental health organization to learn about or support
- Help a friend, family member, or colleague struggling with their mental health by learning how to support them
- Ask about how your workplace or community is creating change for mental health
- Nurture your own well-being by practicing and learning mental health strategies
- Get involved in a mental health initiative or organize an event to support mental health
- Engage in conversations about mental health to fight stigma
- Share your actions using #BellLetsTalk and help inspire others to join the movement to create positive change
Tickets for the game are still available. Click here to secure your seat!