The Wawanesa Insurance Toy Drive in support of the Grand River Hospital Foundation is coming!
Put a smile on a child’s face this holiday season by donating a new and unwrapped toy or making a cash donation at our game on Friday November 22nd at 7:30pm against the London Knights.
The Wawanesa event team will be in the concourse on game day to collect donations. Wish list items include:
- Colouring, activity, and reading books
- Crayons, pencil crayons, and markers (ideally in small packages to take home)
- Bubbles, Crayola Model Magic, and Hasbro Play-Doh
- Craft kits or board games
- New small to medium-sized stuffed animals
- Tactile and fidget toys
- Small dolls or Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars
- Lego and Lego Kits
- Puzzle games
- Gift cards for emergency needs
- Gift cards for movies and music for teenage patients (Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Cineplex etc.)
Please note that dollar store toys cannot be accepted due to the low-quality plastics not meeting health and safety standards/regulations of the hospital.
Fans attending the game will also have a chance to win a trip to the CHL Memorial Cup, presented by Kia! Contest rules can be found at wawanesa.com/toydrive
Can’t make it to the game? Wawanesa broker partners will be collecting toy donations until Wednesday November 20th at the drop-off locations listed below:
Cambridge Insurance Brokers
1165 Franklin Blvd, Cambridge, ON
Pioneer Insurance Brokers
515 Riverbend Dr Unit 102, Kitchener, ON
Regal Insurance Brokers
2-428 Gage Ave, Kitchener, ON
Tickets for the game are still available!
PHONE: (519) 578-1570 or 1 (800) 265-8977
IN PERSON: Activa Box Office at The Aud or Centre in The Square Box Office